Happening Now: Tax Free Hurricane Items!
Hurricane Season starts June 1st! Are you ready?!?
We have all had so much to think about – it’s hard to believe we now have to think about HURRICANE season! But it is that time of year, and the good news is that the TAX-FREE time is happening NOW! This runs now until June 4, 2020. Below is a link to a complete listing as well as a screenshot where you can see some of the eligible items. If you can find these items now, go ahead and get a few to keep at home! If you are new to Florida – you DEFINITELY want to be aware that these items will sell out fast if a storm starts to approach us in the next couple of months.
Even if you think you’re ready, I bet there are a few things in the list below that you might not have thought of yet! Courtesy of ACF Home Inspections, here are a few things you can do to get you and your home ready for a big storm:
Outside Your Home
- Cut, trim and remove any and all dead tree limbs.
- Be sure that your house number is clearly visible.
- Be sure to clear your yard of any items that can blow away during a storm. Items such as patio furniture, gardening tools, garbage cans, grill, wood pieces, bikes, planted pots, toys, outside umbrellas, etc.
- Have your window covers ready to install once you know the storm is on its way.
- Close and fasten gates so they don’t swing during the storm.
Inside Your Home
- Adjust your thermostat in your refrigerator and freezer to the coolest possible setting. This will keep your food fresher longer. Be sure to have a cooler on hand and make sufficient ice in case of power loss.
- Locate a place in your home for a “safe” room. A safe room is an interior room that has no windows and is not connected to an exterior wall. Place a First Aid kit in the room and any medical supplies that you may need.
- Be sure you know where your main water and electrical shut off are located and ensure they are accessible.
- Have available a weather radio with batteries or portable television for weather alerts.
- Have a toolset ready and any immediate supplies such as duct tape, plastic sheathing, rope, towels, etc.
- Secure all your important documents in a waterproof safe container and take photographs of your personal belongings, furniture, etc.
- Have a gallon of water per person, per day, for up to 7 days and enough canned food, snacks, paper plates, and plastic utensils. Don’t forget a can opener that is not electric.
- Have a portable generator on hand if at all possible, just in case the power goes off.
- Keep a fresh supply of batteries, portable lanterns, portable rechargeable power supply for cell phones, and flashlights on hand.
- Have cash on hand and a full tank of gas in your car(s).
Print this list and use it as a checklist in the upcoming weeks and months! A big THANK YOU to ACF Inspections for providing this helpful information! Learn More about them here: www.acfhomeinspections.com
For a list of 2020 potential Tax-Free items – click here https://revenuelaw.floridarevenue.com/LawLibraryDocuments/2020/05/TIP-123007_TIP_20A01-02_FINAL_RLL.pdf
And as always, if you decide that you are ready to start talking about buying or selling a home, I’m happy to chat with you – in person or online! Whichever you prefer! Contact me at 407-721-0611 or at RealtorLindaSchulte@gmail.com today!